Thursday, June 21, 2007

JOE IMPS DAY IN NYC June 9





JOE Imps day in Long Isalnd City, Queens happened on June 9 on a bright beautiful day. A street was named after him at the intersection of 47 ave and Vernon Blvd. All gathered here , community leaders, city councilman leaders and local residents all joined his wife Marie Imparado as they dedicated the block that he was born on and grew up in to be named after him.
Joe a life long resident had a restaurant named " JOE IMPS" that was on Jackson Ave a few blocks away. Joe served the community for all of his life, helping residents and the local church ( St. Mary) when in need.

1 comment:

Amy Bentley said...

I remember Joe. I lived in LIC in the 1980s and would often have dinner at Joe Imps. He served the best hamburgers ever! The place was always hopping. I lived on the same block as his mother. She was so proud of him! I think he had a sibling that predeceased him. Your post brought back fond memories for me. Long Island City was, and I am sure still is, a great place to live. I didn't know he passed.

NYC Traffic Cam