Saturday, January 27, 2007

MARIA'S CITI FLIGHTS ADDING UP


"MONEYHONEY"

NOT even CNBC anchorbabe Maria Bartiromo's bosses can say for sure how many flights she took on the Citigroup corporate jet with the bank's wealth-management chief, Todd Thomson, who was jettisoned last week over his lavish spending.

Bartiromo logged tens of thousands of miles on at least "six trips" on the plane, two sources at the bank told The Post.

A CNBC spokesman denied that Bartiromo took six rides on the Citigroup jet but declined to say exactly how many she did take. The rep also said that Bartiromo made 47 appearances last year for the network and that each was approved.

But every day the number of flights Bartiromo is said to have taken on the Citi jet seems to grow. Previously, she was believed to have taken just one - a 16-hour jaunt back from Beijing in late November with Thomson, who reportedly kicked three other bank executives off the plane for her.

One CNBC exec was quoted this week as saying Bartiromo made "no more than two" trips on Citigroup jets last year. One was a trip back from the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, which Bartiromo was covering again last week.

The Post reported Wednesday that the Beijing flight alone set Citi back at least $50,000, based on executive jet operating costs. A CNBC rep said that Citi was reimbursing the bank and that Bartiromo had full approval to fly, but the network paid only about the standard commercial fare, $4,000.

Bartiromo and Thomson have a history of making fawning public statements about each other and have been seen by Citi execs dining together at Restaurant Daniel. They were involved in so many projects that Citi CEO Chuck Prince had to tell Thomson to stop spending the firm's cash on her.

The Wall Street Journal reported that when Thomson's plan to sponsor a Bartiromo-hosted show on the Sundance Channel for $5 million got out, he set off a minirevolt at the bank, which led to his dismissal.

Bartiromo, meanwhile, wants to take her "Money Honey" nickname to the bank. She's trying to trademark her pet name for potential uses ranging from stuffed animals to coloring books. Her lawyer filed on Jan. 16 at least eight applications for use of the moniker, TVNewser reported.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working mother at Citibank, how did they make the list of the “Best 100 Companies for Working Mothers?
Please help us if you can along with the Senator

To: Senator Barbara Boxer, Feb. 18, 2007
Also: Jason J Chan,
1700 Montgomery Street, Suite 240
San Francisco, Ca.94111

Regarding your letter of February 5, 2007, thank you. You state that you will submit a formal inquiry to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and that this may take up to 4-5 weeks. In that case I have taken the liberty to put together this binder as to hopefully speed up the process or maybe just so you have it to review.
In this binder I can show the Jeff Ursino was not fair and equal to all the employees and although others violated policy I am the only one he fired. Citibank did not follow their own policy much less that of the Ca. Labor laws and codes.
I don’t believe that Citibank has been honest with their clients as well as the DFEH and DOL.
Citibank did not submit a new statement regarding 11/15/05 to the DFEH and seem to stand behind their “ bad Information”. I worked the day they state I called in and supposedly stated that I would be out the rest of the week, not true. What else is branch 915, Jeff Ursino, Kathleen Munoz and their corporate attorneys in New York willing to lie about?
Please help us get to the truth about why Jeff really fired me. Why does Citibank stand behind Jeff and his lies and much more? The teller that left about $10,000.00 out is still working their and to my knowledge was not written up and yet this was worse for the bank than me just wanting to care for my daughter and having my doctor call in for me.
Jeff made error after error with the write ups and the firing procedure of Citibank. Why did Jeff Ursino and Citibank feel I wasn’t worthy of an exit interview? Why was I fired at home and not at my place of work? Why was I not given a verbal or informal warning as is Citibank policy?
Please go through or have someone review my notes and proof of their dishonesty. Please help us and all those wrongfully terminated by corporate America.. It is time for Corporate America ethics Reform. Senator Boxer if I had been a bad employee I would have just walked away but I wasn’t. I have letters from clients that truly appreciated me and my work and even Citibank has acknowledge that I was great for the Carmel branch, so why fire me and throw me out like yesterdays trash? Because Jeff Ursino just didn’t like me and was out to fire me from the moment he threaten me with job abandonment before I had ever missed a Saturday. Why? As I told Dr. Lowell and all the other doctors I have seen, “this just doesn’t make sense!” I have spent the past 14 months fighting for my rights, please help me and my family, we need more moms like me that want to be their for their children and teenagers are children.
I look forward to hearing from you, thank you so very much for writing back or at least someone from your office, thanks Jason J. Chan.
Sincerely,
Damari Stratford
1291 Ord Grove Ave, Seaside, Ca 93955-3119
Cell 831-236-0112 Home 831-583-9077 Fax 831-393-9464

God Bless Us All

NYC Traffic Cam