Monday, May 05, 2008

Clemens Apologizes for 'Mistakes in Personal Life'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Roger Clemens apologized Monday for unspecified mistakes in his personal life but denied having an affair with a 15-year-old.


The Daily News reported last week Clemens had a decade-long relationship with country star Mindy McCready
that began when she was 15 and an aspiring singer. The newspaper also
linked Clemens to former Manhattan bartender Angela Moyer and Paulette
Dean Daly, a former wife of champion golfer John Daly.


``Even though these articles contain many false accusations and
mistakes, I need to say that I have made mistakes in my personal life
for which I am sorry,'' Clemens said in a statement issued by spokesman
Patrick Dorton. ``I have apologized to my family and apologize to my
fans. Like everyone, I have flaws. I have sometimes made choices which
have not been right.''


Brian McNamee, Clemens' former trainer, accused him in December's Mitchell Report of using performance-enhancing drugs in 1998, 2000 and 2001, before players and owners agreed to ban them from baseball.

No comments:

NYC Traffic Cam