Thursday, April 19, 2007

A-Rod's tear continues in win...HOMER IN 9TH

Alex Rodriguez's blistering April has progressed to the point where even his teammates aren't sure what to make of it.

Rodriguez slugged his Major League-leading ninth home run Wednesday, helping cushion Kei Igawa to his first Major League victory as the Yankees pulled off a 9-2 drubbing of the Cleveland Indians.

For his part, Rodriguez has remained cool, perhaps not wishing to interrupt a terrific run that has taken him to the periphery of the record books.

"I'm just feeling good," Rodriguez said. "Even when I get myself out, I know exactly what I did. I can't wait to get up there and fix it."

Rodriguez said he hasn't smiled this much since the birth of his daughter, Natasha, who was born in Nov. 2004. That's a pretty good stretch of time, and now that Rodriguez is simultaneously grinning and hitting, his teammates seem to be enjoying the run just as much.

"These are the times you dream about as a player," Jason Giambi said. "He's getting no cheapies. It's great to see, and I'm glad he's started out like this. For him, it's got to be exciting."

No comments:

NYC Traffic Cam